I’m still trying to gather my thoughts about my decision to start really attacking my debt, and, while I am moving forward with that plan, I’m really starting to question how sound it is. I’m just plain freaked out about giving up saving. And kind of bummed out, too. But I’ll write about those thoughts and feelings eventually. For today, I have a few random updates to report:
– I made the $400 payment on my private student loan that I planned on making in my April goals. I’m proud of myself, since pulling the money from savings was really hard for me.
– I’ve been doing some research about getting my federal student loans forgiven, and things are looking pretty good. The school that I teach at is designated as low-income, which means I’ll qualify for some type of forgiveness, but figuring out how much I can get forgiven and when I’m eligible to apply is very complicated. I’m in touch with a few people who should be able to answer some questions, so I’ll post more on this soon.
– I’ve been hired to write U.S. history curriculum for my school district. Hooray! I’m happy to have another extra-income opportunity, especially since summer school is still up in the air. I’m not quite sure how much I’ll be paid because I haven’t seen the contract yet, but I’ve heard from other teachers that it’s “good money.” Again, I’ll post more when I know more, but for now I’m just very pleased to know that the extra money will be coming in.
– My weight is stuck. I have 8 pounds to go to reach my goal and they just won’t come off. I’m starting to get really frustrated.
– Overall, my mood has been sort of crappy recently. A lot of it has to do with the weather. I know this is totally crazy, but I think I need to talk to my doctor about the possibility that I have seasonal affective disorder. It’s pretty uncommon to suffer from this in the summer, but I need to explore the possibility, given how miserable I get every summer. So weird, I know.
That’s what’s going on in my world. Enjoy the weekend everyone!