Wow, it feels like it’s been a long time since I last blogged! And really, that’s because it has been a long time – besides yesterday’s infographic, it’s been a whole month! So what have I been up to? Here are a few updates:
- I’ve been writing. A lot. A lot a lot. Just not here My pal Erin blogged about this once, and her sentiments are really applicable to my current situation: when you’re constantly coming up with ideas for articles for other people, it gets tough to come up with more for your own site.
- I went to FinCon! So many other bloggers have done great recaps of the event, I highly recommend that you check a few of them out. I went last year, too, and this year didn’t disappoint. It’s an amazing opportunity to meet other bloggers, get some good information, and have a great time. I’m already looking forward to next year!
- I’ve started reconsidering my current line of work. It’s a long story that I don’t want to go into too much detail here, but I’m no longer certain that teaching is the career path I want to stick with. Stay tuned for more information.
Ok, enough about me – let’s talk about my money:
- I’m slowly getting comfortable with my new, higher monthly bills, which are the result of moving into my condo over the summer. I’m still completely in love with my new place, so I’m perfectly happy to pay more.
- I’m trying to get better with saving, but the last month has been tight. My short-term goal is to have my emergency fund up to $5,000 by the end of the year. This is half-way to my overall goal of having $10,000 (4 months of living expenses) sitting in cash. Wish me luck!
- While I’ve definitely been spending quite a bit, I’m still respecting my money. I’m not overpaying when I don’t have to, I’m not spending my money on junk, and I’m still using my negotiating skills to get the best possible value for the cash I’m shelling out. So while I’m not as frugal as I used to be, I haven’t totally lost control.
I’m going to make it a priority moving forward to blog at least twice a week – I still really love writing just for myself, so I need to make more of an effort to do so. I also think I really need the financial accountability that blogging provides – left to my own devices, I’ve gone off the rails a bit.
Thank you all for hanging in there and being patient with my blogging ups and downs, and have a wonderful weekend