This post is going to seem scattered, but I didn’t write anything last week, and probably won’t for the rest of this week, so here’s what’s going on with me right now:
- I’m deep in my annual case of summer blues. I hate summer so, so much, and every year I get kind of depressed during July and August. And this year, the mono isn’t really helping. It’s not serious, I just have to wait it out. Blah.
- On the plus side, the spending fatigue I was experiencing is starting to fade because I’ve bought basically everything I need for the condo, at least for the time being. There will be some odds and ends, but all the big things have been purchased.
- Speaking of purchasing things, I’m dubbing myself a professional at finding cool shit on Craigslist. I’ve gotten some amazing steals on really great pieces of furniture. Pictures will be forthcoming.
- I’m moving in two weeks and I’m getting very anxious about it. I can’t physically move anything over to the new place until the contractors are done with the floors, which is making me feel pretty unmotivated to start putting stuff in boxes. But I need to….but I don’t want to, because packing is the worrrssttttt. And the cycle continues.
- Speaking of moving, it’s bringing up some really weird emotions for me. I always assumed that the apartment I live in now would be my last “single girl” place, and that the next time I moved, it would be because I was getting married. Since that’s not the case, I’m a little bit sad, even though it’s an irrational way to feel.
- But overall, I am really happy that I bought my first place. I can’t wait to get the walls painted and have all my furniture set up and do a few projects. It’s fun and exciting, even if it’s not the way I envisioned it.
- My summer “off” has turned into my summer of freelancing! I’m up to three jobs, and I love them all. My editors are great, the topics are cool, and I’m making good money. Win, win, win.
- In conclusion, my cat doesn’t know that her tail is attached to her body (pardon the boxes and bad T.V. in the background):