The short answer to that question is: very poorly.
But let’s take a look – I accomplished a few things on my list:
1. Achieve and maintain $5,000 Freedom Fund – PASS! A summer school opportunity popped up at the last minute and made this one do-able.
2. Begin contributing the max-out monthly amount ($417) to my Roth IRA – FAIL! This just didn’t happen; I don’t really have an excuse or a reason.
3. Complete the Couch-to-5K running plan – FAIL! But this is important, so I’m rolling it over to next year.
4. Eat out 52 times or fewer – EPIC FAIL! The concept behind this was fun and interesting, but it’s just frankly not important enough to me to commit to.
5. Begin researching and writing a novel – KINDA PASS! I started researching an idea, but then ended up scrapping it and developing a new idea. I didn’t actually start writing, but again, I’m going to roll this over into next year.
6. Read at least 15 books – PASS! I lost count, but I blew this one out of the water. I think I might have set the bar a little too low.
All in all, 2012 was a really shit-tastic year for me personally. I’m hoping for a much better 2013 – tune in for next year’s goals on Monday!