Yah! I’m so happy that August is over – in case you haven’t heard, I hate summer. So I’m really glad that fall is here! Let’s take a look at how my August goals went:
1. Pay $1100 towards my car loan – CHECK! In fact, I did better than $1000 – I paid if off completely!
2. Get Freedom Fund back up to $1000 – CHECK!
3. Stick to $200 clothing budget for back-to-school – CHECK!
4. Stick to $75 budget for classroom materials – FAIL. I went way over budget here.
5. Look into counseling/therapy – FAIL. I’m rolling this over to this month.
6. Purchase two Christmas gifts – CHECK! I actually got 4!
7. Go back through closet to find more clothes to donate/sell – CHECK!
8. Go back through pile of clothes to be donated to figure out what can be sold – CHECK! I sold $30 worth of clothes to Plato’s Closet and donated the rest.
9. Lose 5 lbs. – FAIL. But I did lose 3.5 lbs.
10. Exercise at least two times each week – FAIL. Shocker.
So, I’m counting August as a financial success but a health failure. Here’s what I’m hoping to accomplish in September:
1. Develop a new financial plan, now that my car is paid off.
My car was my last consumer debt, so now I need to seriously re-evaluate my financial priorities. There will be much more on this later. I’ll need your advice!
2. Look into counseling/therapy.
I never got around to this last month, so I’m rolling it over to this month.
3. Make a dentist appointment.
I hate the dentist but this has to be done! I cancelled two appointments over the summer, so I need to suck it up and be a big girl about this.
4. Get a flu shot.
As all teachers know, kids are germ factories. I need to get a flu shot this month so that I’ll be fully immunized by the time winter rolls around.
5. Get weight below 150 lbs.
I’m pretty close. I weighed in this morning at 152.5. If on October 1st I weigh 149, I’ll be happy. If I could get to around 146, I’d be super happy.
6. Exercise at least two times each week.
Next up: the car payoff story. I made a probably controversial move here, but in the interest of full disclosure I’ll lay it all on the table.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend 🙂