A lot of my favorite bloggers like to do “five things” posts, especially on Fridays. Here’s my first attempt at five things:
Five things I’m proud of:
1. Paying off two credit cards, a student loan, and (almost) my car within five years of getting my first job.
2. Getting my bachelor’s degree in three years and my master’s in one.
3. Choosing a career as a teacher, even when so many people told me I’d get fed up with the low pay and lack of respect.
4. My ability to put people at ease.
5. My hair. I just can’t help being a little vain about it
Five things I’m ashamed of:
1. My lack of body confidence.
2. How much I love the Real Housewives of NYC.
3. My fear of commitment.
4. The fact that I don’t exercise.
5. My lack of knowledge of world history. And I’m a social studies teacher! Ahh! But I majored in American history and placed out of my non-Western history courses…so I basically know nothing about the history of Asia, the Middle East, and South America. It is seriously shameful.
Five things I’m actively trying not to care about right now:
1. The size of my thighs.
2. Time. I need to stop caring so much what time it is when I’m having a good time.
3. Money. I have a plan to pay off my car and I’m now automatically saving $400 per month. There is no reason for me to be stressing so much about money.
4. What Kate Hudson and and Victoria Beckham will be naming their babies.
5. The fact that Mad Men won’t be back on T.V. until 2012. I’m really trying not to think about this as an end-of-summer ruiner….but….it SO is! Mad Men my back-to-school saving grace!
Tell me five things about you!