+ I had a great time reading AP exams in Cincinnati! It was a nice little break from my current reality.
– Part of having a great time is spending a little too much money – which I did. I only see my reading friends once a year, so I wasn’t about to be pinching pennies, but I just looked at my credit card statement. Yikes.
+ I arrived home to a $200 check in my mailbox that I got for referring a friend to my apartment complex. Score!
– My rent is going up to $1007 per month starting in August. Curses.
– My personal life is a little bumpy at the moment. I feel like I’m reaching some important conclusions about myself and the things that I want and a lot of aspects of my current life don’t jibe with my long-term aspirations. This may require me to make some uncomfortable – even emotionally painful – changes. Sigh. Growing up sucks sometimes.
– It’s. So. Hot.
– My weight is out of control again, probably because of all the stuff going on in the previous bullet. I’m trying to lose it, but I really, really struggle with my weight these days.
+ My sister and I are planning a really fun Fourth of July in NYC!
+ Beginning in July, $200 per paycheck will be going directly to my savings account. I should have a fully funded Freedom Fund by spring 2012!
+ My check for the work I did at the reading will be in the mail by July 1, which will put me well on my way to a paid off car by the end of the summer!
+ I’m probably getting a raise this summer. (No exclamation point because the negotiations haven’t been finalized yet. Keeping my fingers crossed…)
– It’s. So. Hot. Seriously.
What’s going on in your world these days?