Sometimes, the world around me baffles me. Here are a few examples:
1. People who think nothing can go wrong. Ever. And because they think nothing can go wrong, they have no financial exit plan.
2. Dave Ramsey’s view on credit cards. If he’s so confident that he’s teaching people sound financial principles, then why does he worry that they’ll run the cards back up?
3. People who don’t bag their own groceries. It happens every week. I get behind some doofus at Trader Joe’s who just stands there while the checker scans their food, then stands there – doing nothing – while the checker bags their groceries. Why, oh why not bag as the checker scans?
4. The price of movie tickets.
5. My colon and its ongoing capriciousness.
6. People who don’t like credit rating agencies. Obviously, there are some aspects of the way that credit scores are computed that aren’t perfect, but I much prefer the system we have now to the one we had in the past, a system that relied on only three criteria: rich, white, male. Call me crazy, but I think our current system is way more fair.
7. Dust and its persistence in accumulating in my apartment. Where does it all come from?
8. The fact that Mad Men isn’t coming back for its fifth season until 2012. How will I stand the wait?
9. People who drive Hummers and complain about how expensive it is to fill up their tanks.
10. Sex and the City 2. Just…why?
Any mysteries you want to discuss?