The past three weeks have just flown by! I’m due back at school again on Tuesday, so I’m down to my last 48 hours of freedom.
Since nothing too big is going on financially, I have a few random updates:
– My brother came to visit me last week, unexpectedly. We did a bunch of tourist-y stuff around D.C. and had a great time.
– I’ve abandoned Weight Watchers, probably for good. I think I have to accept that my body just wants my weight to settle around 145 lbs., even though I’d like it to be about 10 lbs. lower. I hate to say it, but it was so much easier to stay skinny as a smoker. Oh well. At 5’6, I’m by no means overweight and my lungs are way healthier to boot.
– I’m anticipating the arrival of my personal property tax bill. I wish it would just come so that I can pay it and be done with it. I’m guessing it will be around $400.
– I’m super stressed about this school year. Not only am I teaching a new class, but I’m also the History Day sponsor this year, and I’m serving as a mentor to a new teacher. And my class sizes are huge. I’m going to spend today writing my syllabi so that I have one less thing to do this week.
– I just got Dave Ramsey’s Total Money Makeover from the library. I was already familiar with his “baby steps” but I wanted to read the whole book before making a final judgement about his approach. So far, I like his overall ideas, but there are a few points I just flat-out disagree with. Maybe my next post will be a general review of the book.
– Tomorrow I’m going to Baltimore to bid bon voyage to my BFF – she’s going to Thailand for a year. I’m really happy for her – this is a fantastic opportunity – but I’m still really going to miss her!
That’s about it! Sorry I’m so scattered recently, but I think once I get back into a normal school routine I’ll be much more regular (and articulate!) with my posting.