I took the day off from school today because I’ve had a very long couple of weeks, and I’m putting in a full day tomorrow to tutor the tenth grade English students before their state test, which is two weeks away. English is my other certification, but I’ve never taught it before so I’m actually sort of excited – even though I’ll be working on a Saturday 🙁
In lieu of an actual post, I have a few random updates:
– T’s apartment gotten broken into last week, and all of his electronics and some credit cards got stolen. If you don’t have renter’s insurance, get it. He’s kicking himself right now for dragging his feet about calling his insurance company.
– I (tentatively) have a summer school job. Things won’t be 100% certain until summer school enrollment is completed in June, but for right now it looks like there will be a spot for me.
– My mini-challenge this week was a total fail. I’m no good at no-spend days.
– I’m slowing down on the aggressive debt repayment – temporarily. I don’t want to say too much about it right now, but my living situation might be changing in the next few months, so I’m going to be putting some money into savings to cover potential moving costs. If I don’t end up using it, then I’ll throw it all at my debt.
– I’m really wishing right now that I could plan a vacation for the summer, even a small one – but it’s just not in my budget this year. Bummer.
Enjoy your weekend!