February turned out pretty well for me! Let’s take a look before I move on to my goals for March:
1. Add $300 to my Freedom Fund – FAIL (sorta). I was actually able to save $500 this month, but the $300 was supposed to be from my own earnings, not my tax return, which is where most of the savings came from. But I’m still really happy with how much I was able to save in February.
2. Contact Comcast to figure out what to do about my cable/Internet package – PASS! I was able to extend my current promotion for another year, so my cable and Internet will be super-affordable for the foreseeable future.
3. Do my taxes and save my tax return – PASS! I put both of my tax returns directly into savings.
4. Lose 5 more lbs. – FAIL – but I came soooo close! I went to my Weight Watchers meeting this morning and I’m down a total of 9.6 lbs, so I missed this goal by less than half a pound. Damn! But I’m still really happy with my progress.
5. Buy myself something nice (if goal #4 is accomplished) – PASS, even though I missed #4 by just a little bit. When I was home last weekend I was able to find a great deal on the wallet I wanted at the Coach outlet, so I went for it. And it’s paid in full, so no worries there.
So, all in all, I’m counting February as a success. This is what I’m thinking for March:
1. Put $300 in my Freedom Fund
Again, this might be a little bit of a stretch, but I have some tutoring money coming in this month, so I think I can do it.
2. Follow through with my $100 Travel Fund transfer
I’m always setting up auto transfers then changing my mind. I really need to follow through with this one, though. Traveling to visit friends is going to be a big part of my life in the near future, so I need to be putting money aside for it.
3. Lose 5 more pounds
4. Prepare at least two new healthy recipes
I’m starting to get a little bored with the foods I’ve been eating, so I want to make a few new, healthy recipes so that I can keep up my weight loss momentum.
5. Swim at least three times
I bought a pass to a local indoor pool back in the fall and have only used it a few times. I like swimming a lot, and want to go at least once a week this month (except for the first week – I have stitches in my back and can’t exercise right now, but they’re coming out a week from Monday, so I think three swims this month is realistic.)
I’m hoping for another good month, financially and otherwise! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!