I can’t believe it’s been so long since my last post! I have a few different ideas for a post, but since a bunch of random stuff has been going on/is on my mind, I figured I’d just write a list of updates:
– I changed the automatic withdrawals on my Roth IRA from $50 per month to $200 per month, starting in February. I’m very pleased with this decision – in February I’ll be turning 25, so this seems like a great way to kick off…the next 40 years that I plan to be in the workforce 🙂
– I lost 4 pounds this week! I’m down a total of almost 7 pounds for the month, and I feel awesome. I don’t think I’ll have a loss this week, but I’m really happy with my progress so far.
– I think I have my finances back on track – I’ve paid off the charges that I put on my credit card back in December, and I’m already setting February goals. It’s looking like I’ll be able to stuff $300 into my Freedom Fund for the month of February, and I’m pretty pleased with that prospect.
– My cable and Internet promotion is up in March, so I need to figure out what to do about that. I have a feeling I’m going to get stuck paying full price, and I need to think about whether that’s something I’m willing to do.
– I need to find a way to beef up my travel fund. My two best friends are moving abroad next year (one to London and one to Thailand) so I need to have some funds set aside to visit. I think I’m going to start with the money I’ll be getting to grade A.P. tests, but that depends on whether I get a summer school position or not. I’m even open to the possibility of reducing my savings goals for the year in order to be able to put more money aside for travel. Decisions, decisions.
So that’s what’s new in my world; if you can’t tell, I’m really excited for February! How about you? Are you sick of January or what?