Wow, I really feel like October flew by. I can’t believe it’s already November! Anyway, let’s see how I did with my October goals:
1. De-clutter and organize my desk. I have all the stuff I need to do this, I just need the time and energy – PASS! My desk looks awesome.
2. Swim at least 2X per week and walk at least 2X per week – EPIC FAIL. Sigh.
3. Put aside at least $100 for Christmas gifts. I might have to cut into the extra payment on my smaller student loan to do this, but I’m trying my hardest for a debt-free Christmas – KINDA FAIL. I didn’t set aside money, but I did buy a gift.
4. Read at least one novel – PASS! I read two, actually.
5. Finish knitting at least one-third of the scarf I started over a month ago. A friend that I work with just learned how to knit, so maybe she and I can get together and have a knitting/pasta party – FAIL. I’ve been way too busy to work on this scarf.
6. Post at least 3X per week – FAIL (I think). I have to go back and count, but I think I probably averaged about 2 posts a week.
Now let’s take a look at November:
1. Add all extra income to Emergency Fund. My tutoring program is starting, and all the money won’t come in until the end of December, but I need to resist the urge to spend the extra cash because it’ll be coming little by little.
2. Buy at least two Christmas gifts.
3. Swim once per week and walk once per week. I’m going to try a new strategy: start small with exercise and try to build up. Let’s see how it goes.
4. Finish my book. It’s super long and I just started, but it’s a biography of Marilyn Monroe, so I think I can do it.
5. Post at least 3X per week.
I’m trying to be less stressed about Christmas, so it’ll make me feel better to get some gifts bought and paid for. Enjoy the rest of your weekends!