My blog is one year old today! I can’t believe I’ve been PF blogging for a year. It seems like just yesterday that I made the decision to begin committing my financial trials and triumphs to a “journal” for anyone to see, and I’m continually grateful to the readers who have made this learning experience so much fun. Thank you all for your comments, support, and opinions. I feel so much more financially educated than I did a year ago, and that’s because of you!
Let’s take a look at what’s changed in the past year:
– I eliminated my personal loan! Almost $5000 of high-interest debt gone in 10 months. What a huge weight off my shoulders that was.
– I started a Freedom Fund and a Car Repair Fund. A year ago I had absolutely no savings, and now I have almost $1500 between both accounts.
– I started a Roth IRA. A year ago, the last thing I was thinking about was saving for retirement, and even though I don’t contribute a lot, at least now I know how important saving early for my old age is.
But there’s so much more I want to accomplish! In the next year I’d like to:
– Grow my Freedom Fund to at least $5000
– Pay off my T.V.
– Start a Down Payment Fund
– Experiment with a few new budgeting styles to see which works best for me
– Become more savvy at saving on groceries
Again, thank you all so much for your continued readership and support. I can’t wait to see what the next year of TeacHer Finance brings!