I got tagged by High Class, Low Income to share 10 things about myself. I’ve done these types of posts before, so I’m going to try not to repeat myself. Here it goes:
1. I hate/am intimidated by technology. For me, it falls into the category of: More Trouble Than It’s Worth.
2. I’m a grammar freak. I hate it when people use the wrong form of it’s/its or two/too or affect/effect.
3. I’m a pessimist. I envy people whose default mode of thinking is “everything will work out.”
4. In every possible way, I am the opposite of my bf, T. He loves exercise, I hate it. I love reading novels, he’s all about nonfiction. He loves the outdoors, I love air conditioned malls. But yet, we still really “get” each other. It’s the weirdest relationship I’ve ever had, but it works. We’ve been together for almost two years, and I still can’t wait until he gets home (from the gym) every night. So I’m not asking questions.
5. My favorite color is green, but I don’t have a single green article of clothing.
6. I’m a dog person, but I adopted a cat two years ago and I love her to pieces.
7. I’ve had the same best friend since high school. I can’t imagine my life without her.
8. I get compared to Carrie Bradshaw a lot. Even in random places, like CVS, by total strangers. Must be the curly hair
9. I very strongly believe in voting, and not just for the president, but also in mid-term elections. I haven’t missed an election yet, and I’m pumped to vote for the new governor of Virginia in November.
10. I hate department stores. Really, really hate them. I don’t even like to walk through them to get to the rest of the mall. I try to park outside the food court whenever possible.
I’ve already tagged people for these types of posts, so I’ll leave this one open. Whoever wants to play, feel free!
– I’m loving my new budget. I considered changing it again once or twice, but I’m sticking with it. It addresses all of my needs and some of my wants, which are qualities of a good budget.
– My after-school tutoring program is starting soon, so I’ll have some extra income to play with. I’m still figuring out which accounts I should stash it in. And as always, I’m accepting suggestions….
– Christmas is coming and my gifts fund is paltry. I need to figure something out, starting when I get paid on Friday. Maybe start saving some money out of every check? What are you all doing about Christmas expenses?
– I have some big expenses coming up. I need new contacts, my cat needs to go to the vet for her annual check-up, I need two new tires…I’m challenging myself not to touch my Freedom Fund for these expenses, so I need to figure something else out. I’ll keep you all updated on my solutions to these costly problems.