First, let’s review how I did with my June goals:
1. Pay off personal loan – FAIL (see below)
2. Exercise at least 3X per week – FAIL – ugg, I am so bad about exercise
3. Finish my current book and start a new one – PASS! I finished two others, also!
4. Clean out my closet and donate unwanted clothes – PASS
5. Clean my classroom from top to bottom, including my filing cabinet and closets – (mostly) PASS
Oh, my personal loan. It has $345 remaining on it, such a manageable sum. I tried to pay it off, I really did. But apparently the bank that I have the loan with does not allow its customers to make more than one loan payment per month, and since I’d already made a June payment, I was not permitted to make another online. I probably could have mailed a check, but I feel funny about mailing checks without payment slips. Sigh. This loan is clinging to its life. But I didn’t just fritter the money that I planned to spend on the payoff away. I started an emergency fund! It proudly stands at $500! Go me!
So my July goals are:
1. Pay off my personal loan, dammit!
2. Exercise at least 3X per week (I will persevere!)
3. Add at least $1000 to my new E-fund – I love summer school!
4. Finally decide on a new cell phone and plan and purchase both
5. Open a Roth IRA – this will be a huge step forward for me!
6. Re-tool my budget to reflect the (positive!) changes in my financial situation
We’ll see how July shapes up!