I hope everyone has had a restful few days with family and friends over the Easter break! My spring break is coming to an end tomorrow but I had a very relaxing break that involved plenty of catching up with family and eating. It’s a pretty long drive to my parents’ house (usually 3.5 hours, sometimes 4), and between the ride up and the ride back, I’ve been thinking about some things, including:
1. I need a new TV. Mine is very old and the volume is pretty messed up (cable TV is way too quiet and DVDs play way too loud). I don’t want something flashy, but I do want a TV that is space efficient and will last. So I need to start doing some research about that.
2. I need to get serious about losing 10-15 lbs., and I need to tone up. I’ve been so concentrated on work over the past few months that I’ve sort of let my eating and exercise slip. If I’m going to wear a bathing suit at all this summer I need to get busy.
3. I need to start a travel fund. Traveling is something I really enjoy, but haven’t had the time or money to do recently. I’m not even really sure where I want to go yet, but I want the money to be there when I decide.
4. I need to look into getting another degree/thinking about my long-term career goals. In an ideal world, I’d love to get a Ph.D. and teach college, but I don’t think that will realistically be possible. Maybe I’ll discuss my internal conflict about this topic further in another post, because it has a lot to do with money.
5. I need to get serious about saving for a down payment on a house. I feel like a loser because everyone around me is buying houses and I still live in a rented apartment. It’s fairly pathetic.
6.) Debating switching my cable provider…I think I want satellite, but I’m worried about stories I’ve heard regarding DirectTV moving fee’s.
Of all of my thoughts (they haven’t materialized into concrete goals yet), the travel fund is probably the least likely to happen. I know that anything is possible, but I seriously need to move on to home ownership soon and I have too much else to pay for to be aggressively saving for a trip also. Sigh.
So that is what’s been running through my mind – any thoughts, comments, questions?!